PropertyA Selection of News Articles Related to Property

  • 1 Appledore North Devon

    Braddicks Limited have received instructions from the Executors of the late Mrs Lavinia Lamey to offer

  • 2 Mystery Fire Shuts Westward Ho! Cafe

    The cause of a fire that did thousands of pounds of damage at the Malibu Restaurant in Westbourne

  • 3

    4 August 1967

  • 4 Blending With The Countryside

    These are the first 'Airy' type Council houses to be constructed in Bideford Rural District.

  • 5 Seafield House

    The house on the cliff edge known locally as ‘Spooky House’ or even ‘Haunted House’ was built about 1885.

  • Appledore North Devon

    Braddicks Limited have received instructions from the Executors of the late Mrs Lavinia Lamey to offer

    Appledore North Devon - 4th February 1972

     

    Braddicks Limited have received instructions from the Executors of the late Mrs Lavinia Lamey to offer for sale by Public Auction the Freehold End Terrace Property known as 'Endsleigh' 13 Richmond Road Appledore
    The house is situated in a high elevated position at the entrance to the village and immediately outside the property is a bus stop giving convenient access to all parts of the district.
    The house is approached through a front garden.
    Entrance porch, entrance hall, cloakroom with low level WC, sitting room, living room, kitchen. First floor: bathroom, bedroom 1,

    Read More
  • Mystery Fire Shuts Westward Ho! Cafe

    The cause of a fire that did thousands of pounds of damage at the Malibu Restaurant in Westbourne

    Mystery Fire Shuts Westward Ho! Cafe - 4th June 1971

     

    The cause of a fire that did thousands of pounds of damage at the Malibu Restaurant in Westbourne Terrace, Westward Ho! at about 8am on Saturday remains a mystery. The alarm was given by staff members when the outbreak occurred in the kitchen and firemen from Appledore and Bideford (the latter with two appliances) had to wear breathing apparatus because of the smoke. It was thought that damage had largely been confined to that caused by smoke, but subsequent examination revealed that although this was so on the first floor,

    Read More
  • 4 August 1967

    Detached and Semi-detached homes at Tennacott Heights, Bideford from £3,150 freehold

    4.8.1967 Tennacot Heights buy a house

    by A W Kingdom & Ltd of Braunton
    ....with the added advantage of OIL CENTRAL HEATING through Shell-Max and B.P. Ltd

    These architect designed houses are set adjacent to the open countryside in a delightful spot with panoramic views of the river
    estuary. Although moderately priced, these bungalows and houses are of high quality construction and there are no hidden extras.
    SHOWHOUSE NOW OPEN FOR INSPECTION
    Mortgages are available now - details from Sole Selling Agents
    John C Webber & Son
    22 Mill Street
    Bideford, North Devon
    Telephone 2344

    4

    Read More
  • Blending With The Countryside

    These are the first 'Airy' type Council houses to be constructed in Bideford Rural District.

    Blending With The Countryside - 6th January 1948

     

    These are the first 'Airy' type Council houses to be constructed in Bideford Rural District. They are also understood to be the first of their type in England to have colour-washed exteriors and tarred plinths to blend with the countryside.
    These houses, which are at Monkleigh and have been named Lee Avenue as a tribute to Mr W G Lee (Monkleigh representative on the Rural District Council), have aroused the special interest of the Ministry of Health. Representatives of the Ministry are shortly to inspect them with a view to considering the

    Read More
  • Seafield House

    The house on the cliff edge known locally as ‘Spooky House’ or even ‘Haunted House’ was built about 1885.

    Seafield House

    The house on the cliff edge known locally as ‘Spooky House’ or even ‘Haunted House’ was built about 1885. The road was especially built to enable access to the house and was initially known as Seafield Road; later it became Merley Road.
    The house was built as a summer residence by Brinsley de Courcey Nixon (5 May 1825-18 April 1903) whose occupation on the 1881 Census was a ‘banker’ from London. Of Irish and Scottish descent he was born in Edinburgh and died in 1903 whilst on holiday at Seafield. There were 4 children from his marriage to

    Read More

Login Form