They now start in Hartland's band at ten years old 30.11.1973
Under Mr Harry Dayman, who took over as bandmaster in 1968, the band this year achieved its most notable triumph when it was placed second in two sections at the South West Brass Band Association's Spring Festival.
The first Hartland band started with a practice session in Manor House Barn between 1860-70. After a lapse it was re-formed after the first World War and continued until 1939. In 1946 Harton Town Band came into being and ran for 3 years before it was disbanded.
Two members of the band were among 25 members who re-formed under Mr Gerald Thorne to lay the foundations of the present band.