Parkham Bells ring out again 29th May 1953
Teams of bell ringers from an area embracing Bradworthy, Northam and Torrington joined, in turn, in ringing celebration peals on the bells of St James's Church, Parkham, following a special service to mark the re-hanging of the bells.
Mr Stanley Arnold (Rector's warden) of the Bell Inn, undertook the duties of appeal secretary. Visiting clergy included Revs S L C Mallett (Dean Rural and Vicar of Bucks), L Woolcott (Buckland Brewer), G W Colborne (Alwington), W T H Ravenhill (Sutcombe) and C Garland (Putford).
In charge of the tea were Mesdames Daniel, F P Ley, W Pridham, J Williams, Wm Lang, T Pearce, S Metherall, T Wood, J Stoneman, J Piper, F Hitchcott and Miss H Jewell. During tea photographs of the ringers and bells were given to the Rector and Mrs Williams and to each ringer. The photographs were the gift of Mr Stanley Arnold.