Featured ArticlesA Selection of Articles From the Archive That We Thought Most Newsworthy

This handsome new gateway to the Bideford Park extension, to be known as King George’s Fields, has recently made its appearance.

21.9.1951 Bideford new gates

It is perhaps not generally known that one of the conditions of the grant from the King George’s Fields Foundation towards the development of the park extension was that a suitable gateway to the fields should be erected bearing two approved plaques.

All the land to the north of this gateway and the one to the river bank opposite is King George’s Fields.

Gazette article dated 21 September 1951

Login Form