Featured ArticlesA Selection of Articles From the Archive That We Thought Most Newsworthy

Lundy boats

1950 Lundy boats


Photographed alongside each other at Bideford Quay are the 'Lerina' which, it is understood, is being withdrawn from the Lundy to the mainland service after being engaged on it for just over thirty years, and the 'Margaret Rose' (formerly the Clovelly lifeboat 'City of Nottingham') which is now undertaking a regular service between the island and the mainland.

Gazette article dated 17 November 1950

Login Form