Fire-damaged buildings demolished
Twice damaged by fire, Clovelly Court is once again the scene of demolition work in preparation for rebuilding.
The original house was burnt down with all its contents in 1789. Only one portion, the South Wing survived and escaped the second fire in 1944.
A smaller, more modern, Clovelly Court will eventually be built on the site which has magnificent views across rolling parkland to Bideford Bay behind.
Gazette article 22 January 1954