Appledore tug launched on time! 4th November 1955
Picture shows Mr C H Gibson, the mechanical engineer for a large North-country tug-owning firm, consulting with Mr J Venus, Managing director of Messrs P K Harris (Shipbuilders) Ltd of Appledore, the builders of the new craft.
The christening ceremony was performed by Mrs Gibson. Design by Messrs Burness, Kendall and Partners.