Landing craft becomes missions ship 5th April 1949
Converted from a landing craft (guns) to a mission ship, the "Sir Edward P Willis II" lying at the yard of Messrs P K Harris and Sons, Appledore, will, it is expected, be ready for sea in the very near future. Her reconstruction, which has been spread over two years, has been delayed by various shortages of materials, but this is now being overcome.
Picture shows Captain Lord Headley and Skipper H J Goldspink. The late Mrs Manning wife of the former well-known Rector of Bideford (Preb. W N Manning) was a cousin of Lord Headley.