Foundation Stone Laid Of Parish Hall
Alverdiscott will have two permanent memorials to the Coronation. Between the Parish Church and the Methodist Chapel and near the bus stop, an oak wayside seat, which she and her husband presented, was unveiled by Mrs A B Leitch and later, at Stoney Cross, Mr George Ford, chairman of the Parish Council and of the Coronation Committee, laid the foundation stone of the new Parish Hall.
In addition to their souvenir mugs presented at the free tea, children of the parish were given souvenir tins of toffees.
Sports went with a swing, young and old eagerly joining in the fun and games. A fireworks display was also provided by the committee.
The full Gazette article is dated 5 June 1953.